The preliminary programme is available at this LINK. Here a summary:
DAY 1 -The potential of algae biotechnology for sustainable development.
Topics will include:
- The status and perspectives of the algal industry sector in Europe;
- Sustainability and socio-economic aspects of algae production including consumer acceptance and marketing of algae products;
- Success stories and highlights from the four projects.
DAY 2 – Focus on Technology.
Innovations developed from the projects and a poster and networking session will allow attendees to delve into specific research lines and discuss the opportunities emerging from the projects. Topics will include highlights from the 4 projects in:
- Strain selection and development;
- Cultivation and harvesting;
- New products for food, feed and non-food applications;
- System evaluation and LCA;
- Requirements and recommendations for further development.